Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

Last week was my birthday! I LOVE birthdays! There is nothing better than God allowing you one more year on planet Earth! I am so thankful for my many, many blessings...especially my family. Brad, T and B surprised me with a home cooked dinner, flowers and a birthday cake. It was wonderful! Unfortunately, C could not be with us because he is over three hours away at school. We missed him terribly!

So, after dinner, it was time for cake and pictures. The first thing I would like to point out is that you are not imagining things, those are indeed MATCHES on my birthday cake impersonating birthday candles. I've learned to appreciate, and cling to, the saying, "It's the thought that counts" - I truly am a lucky girl. : )

I have also learned to appreciate all of my many pictures with someone licking my face or pushing me out of the frame to immortalize their muscles. But my favorites are all the ones that I have of me smiling and whoever else is in the picture with me making a face. I wonder who the boys get their knack for making such great photos from?

One last note, I did get the sweetest card from T. He wrote me a special message on the inside, it said, "Even though you nag the crap out of me, I guess it's just because you love me and want me to be a better person and that is why I love you." At least he "gets" why I do what I do...sort of.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tasha - This is perfect. I am so glad you did this. I thank God that our paths crossed in the early 1990's - our kids were little C-4, K-2, T-newborn and well B hadn't blessed us with his presence. Not only am I thankful for you and your friendship, I am thankful for the love our children (all 4 of the) have for one another. Your friendship has helped me grow in my Christian walk, THANK YOU! We've shared many days/nights on the phone talking/ listening/ consoling one another and trying to convince each other "its just a phase". Thank you to you and Brad for allowing Allen, Kari and me be such a big part of your boys lives. The two of you have done an outstanding job raising them. We need more boys in the world like your 3. Remember when we drove to St. Louis in the van, went to the zoo to see the animals "fighting". Your love for photography has given me so many wonderful memories of my daughter, proms, dances, parties, Homecomming, birthdays, Christmas card pictures. THANK YOU!
You are not the friend I've known the longest or grew up with as teenagers - I've told you before - you are like the sister I never had and you truly are my heart friend. I hold you and your family very close in my heart! I love you and your family!